This post by Jill Kocher of Practical eCommerce teaches 7 tips that make an eCommerce blog interesting for your readers while valuable for your Search Engine Marketing strategy. In a nutshell, the seven tips range from keeping your content interesting, including topics shoppers care about, interlinking with product pages, maximizing navigation, and hosting the blog on your ecommerce domain. If you’ve been struggling to get started on your blog or if you aren’t getting enough ROI (Return on Investment) from your blog, this short article will make it easy for you to get an effective blog.
Conversion optimization is a science and there is an entire industry of user interaction consultants who command very high wages helping companies design their ecommerce sites. A conversion is anything from getting a user to register on your website, to adding a product to the shopping cart, to clicking the Buy Now button and ultimately clicking the Submit button after entering their credit card information. Before you spend the big bucks on a website conversion specialist, have a look at concise article. Pamela Hazelton from Practical eCommerce provides a very straightforward approach to designing web pages for high conversion.
If you’re selling a commodity like product or service that can be purchased just about anywhere online, the it can be really difficult to compete. Large internet retailer have recently started using technology such as bots, artificial intelligence, and robots to lower the cost of customer service and still offer a great customer experience. Smaller businesses don’t always have the budget to invest in these types of innovation, but Richard Adhikari from eComomerce Times offers some very practical tips on how to provide great customer service without breaking the bank account.
As more and more retailers continue to swap brick and mortar stores for ecommerce ones, product photography has become increasingly important. This has brought issues and bottlenecks to the selling process. Before, retailers just had to purchase products and place them in stores, now they have to prep, photograph, edit, and upload photos as fast as possible to sell and turnaround inventory fast. And all this workflow has to be completed while keeping product photography costs low and quality standards high.
I am passionate about photography this is one of the main reason why I decided to start Picsera. Vacations are always a time for me to really experiment and hone my skills. This past summer my family and I toured California and I spent some time experimenting with HDR and panoramas. Here are some of my favorite shots from the trip.
We are hiring a sales manager with experience selling software and/or services to eCommerce businesses. This position reports to the company founder and offers a base salary and commission commensurate with experience.
- Leverage personal contacts and set up appointments to make presentations
- Find new opportunities by researching and being resourceful
- Make cold phone calls and sending out emails
- Gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale;
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close the sale;
- Gather market and customer information;
- Network at industry events and attend trade shows;
- Work with Production Manager to calculate price quotes;
- Create detailed proposals that command credibility and inspire confidence
- Think quickly on your feet and challenge customer objections with thoughtful responses
- Identify new opportunities to expand customer relationships
- Experience selling eCommerce technology to a variety of industries including apparel, jewelry, shoes, eyewear, pet supplies
- Minimum of 1 to 3 of sales experience required
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas
- Excellent written and verbal communication in American English
- Capable of managing multiple opportunities in parallel
- Ability to cope in a high pressure environment
- Proficient with standard systems including CRM, eCommerce, online chat, social media, and email.
- Able to think independently and solve problems
- Able to persuade others
- Energetic, Meticulous, Detail Oriented, and Thoughtful
Interested candidates should email [email protected].
The primary goal of an e-commerce website is to convert visitors into customers. It entails engaging a visitor effectively from the minute they arrive on a site, and guiding them until they make a purchase. This requires an ongoing process of website optimization to ensure the best user experience.
Many e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, have enabled businesses to easily optimize their site without needing much coding or design knowledge. While this is a truly beneficial offering for small business owners, it can also lead to making mistakes that jeopardize conversions. Learn from these top 5 mistakes that could be costing your business revenue growth. (more…)
“We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.”
– Jeff Bezos founder and CEO of Amazon
Amazon is not only the world’s largest e-commerce site, it is also a powerful search engine. Your product pages must employ the best SEO practices for the Amazon algorithm to bring your target customers to your products. Optimizing your content for Amazon is a slightly different procedure from what you have learned to do for Google. (more…)
There is an exclusive club online and its membership is reserved for an elite few. We’re talking about making it to the first page on a search engine. If you get there, you can benefit from having additional exposure and in turn, higher conversions. (more…)
Photographing clothing is a little different from shooting other kinds of products. If you’re shooting necklaces or earrings, the required materials are fairly simple. These two items are much more sturdy and sometimes easier to set up. Prepping clothing for product photography requires some basic tools that will make the job easier. In fact photographing clothing can be quite difficult without these tools. So, without further ado here are our list of basic but oh so necessary tools for prepping clothing for a product photography session.
An ecommerce product page is a canvas of potential conversions depending on how you “paint” it. That seemingly small page offers a myriad of clever optimizations to get customers to push the “add to cart” button. Use these examples as a check list against your existing product page to make sure you are making use of every opportunity to convert. If you are setting up your first ecommerce site, these tips can help you shape an ideal ecommerce product page. (more…)